Comfrey & Chickweed Balm

I made time in my dispensary today. The room is still a shambles, but I cleared enough workspace to get at least a few balms made. When it comes to herbal balms, I use one jar or another for one thing or another every single day.

Today was for using up a 2007 preparation of infused oil of Symphytum uplandicum herba (comfrey leaf) before it began to show any signs of breaking down. It was still lovely and clear and so I mixed it with a bit of infused oil of Stellaria spp. (chickweed) and added a touch of lanolin and the bees wax. Once heated and well blended I waited for it to temper a bit before adding just a few drops of essential oil of Lavendula angustifolia. 

I think I may be in for a sweet foot rub this evening!

Oh ... and I'm sipping a very hoppy dark home brew at the moment.

3 comments:

Nao said...

Oh how wonderful, these little pots of magic look as good as they sound. I can feel the power of this healing balm, from your words and photo alone. Enjoy your foot rub, looks like you've put in a full day.

Danyele Easterhaus said...

oooohhhh, foot rubs. now that makes me smile! i should add a weekly foot rub to my new years list!

Nadya said...

Mmm, I love this balm - sounds yummy! Comfrey & calendula is one of my favorites - lovely to add the star maiden :) & lavender . . .