Warming Brew

It was cold and damp today.
So I put a wee bit of cardamom seed, cut cinnamon bark and 5 cloves together in a canning jar. I poured boiling water over them. They steeped. I poured and strained ... 

... and warmed my cockles. Whatever those are.

I continued to pour boiling water over these hard botanicals all day long. They continued to steep and imbue their sweet and warming verve into my beverage all day ... and into the evening ... and into tomorrow. If you prefer, you can simmer these toothy herbs together over low heat to speed up the process and make a strong and vibrant brew in just 15-20 minutes.

What did you sip today?

7 comments:

Kim said...

I'm sipping a nettles/lemon verbana brew.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Gee ... I aught to try that blend, eh?

Anonymous said...

Great Mother that sounds yummy. The only thing I would add is ginger root but that is because I LOVE it...yumm!!

Anonymous said...

apart from a daily oatgrass.. I love to combine lemon zest, thyme, lavender and fresh ginger.. steming hot in winter, sweetened and over ice in summer.. it's my "feel better blend"

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I added a touch of ginger root a bit of orange peel to this, making a blend more complex than I generally prefer, though quite yummy nonetheless.

Ruth said...

My favorite black tea is earl grey. I do love the cardomon and cinnamon tea (what were the other ingredients?) you made for me (yum)-it's great for a cold winter day. I also love my nourishing tea of nettle/oatstraw/red clover and lemon balm tea. Gotta have some now!

Nao said...

Mmmm, how can I resist this delicious sounding warming tonic. It is beautiful to look upon too.